The majority of states in the Midwest and South offer a lower cost of living than states in the Northeast and West.
The ‘biggest bang for your buck’ comes in Mississippi where, compared to the national average, you can actually purc…
Buyer demand continues to outpace the supply of homes for sale! Buyers are often competing with one another for the listings that are available!
Housing inventory is still under the 6-month supply that is needed for a normal housin…
The National Association of Realtors (NAR) recently released their latest Existing Home Sales Report.
First-time homebuyers made up 31% of all sales in August.
Homes are selling quickly with 51% of homes on the market for less than …
- The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) recently released their latest Quarterly Home Price Index report.
- In the report, home prices are compared both regionally and by state.
- Based on the latest numbers, if you plan on relocating to another state, waiting to move may end up costing you more!
- Alaska & West Virginia were the only states where home prices are lower than they were last year.
- “The majority of millennials said they consider owning a home more sensible than renting for both financial and lifestyle reasons — including control of living space, flexibility in future decisions, privacy and security, and living in a nice home.”
- The top reason millennials choose to buy is to have control over their living space, at 93%.
- Many millennials who rent a home or apartment prior to buying their own homes dream of the day that they will be able to paint the walls whatever color they’d like, or renovate an outdated part of their living space.
- The concept of supply & demand is a simple one. The best time to sell something is when the supply of that item is low & the demand for that item is high!
- Anything under a 6-month supply is a seller’s market!
- Nationally, there has not been a 6-months inventory supply since August 2012!
- Inventory levels differ depending on the area of the country and price range, so let’s get together to discuss the exact market conditions in our area.